The Mauritius Work Visa, actually called Occupation Permit (OP), allows you to work and live in the country. You can obtain it by applying for a residence permit and a work permit; however, since the form for both is the same, we will refer to them here as a work visa.
It is worth noting that only a few people are eligible for this visa. To qualify for this class of visa, you must be an investor, a professional, or self-employed. A work visa allows you to live and work in Mauritius for an extended period of time.
Here are some of the requirements for the work visa:
- The applicant or their authorized representative must submit a completed and signed application for a work visa from Mauritius.
- Two passport-sized photographs of the applicant’s face are required.
- Copies of the passport’s key pages alongside the passport. Remember that the passport must be valid for the duration of the trip.
- A letter from a sponsor, a Mauritius-based company, a local organization, a business, etc., is required.
- If an applicant travels with a family member, a document verifying their familial relationship is necessary. It could be either a birth or marriage certificate.
- A letter of invitation outlining the task is required. This section will detail the applicant’s prior professional experience.
- Employer’s Certificate of Incorporation in conjunction with its business registration card
- The Labor Division must approve the employment contract
Now that we know the basics of the Mauritius work visa, let’s get started on your application.
The first step is to gather all the required documents.
Once you have everything in order, you can begin filling out the online application form.
Review all of the information you have entered, keeping the following guide lines in mind, to avoid any delays in processing.
Mauritius Work Visa
Is called Occupation Permit (OP)
This may interest you